Wednesday - Saturday: 10:00-4:00
Sunday - Tuesday: Closed
311 Tennsco Drive, Dickson TN 37055
The Humane Society of Dickson County was founded 30 years ago during a time of desperate need. In shelters across the country, millions of animals were dying, and in rural communities with no local solution for unwanted pets, the situation was dire. A grassroots movement in Dickson County, Tennessee, quickly grew, and the HSDC was established with a progressive mission: Educate the public about the importance of spay/neuter and ensure every dog and cat has a safe home. The HSDC is now an active and visible part of Dickson and the surrounding counties, providing a safe haven for homeless animals and adopting out more than 1000 pets annually. The HSDC is a “no-kill” shelter, with a large network of foster families and close partnerships with area animal rescue groups. The generosity of community and corporate donors provides 99.75% of funding for shelter operations, including veterinarian costs, utilities and pet food and supplies. The HSDC has become the local leader and advocate for homeless pets in Dickson County, but the future will depend on the strong support of caring individuals and businesses who believe all pets deserve a forever home.
How you can help:
How you can help:
- Make monetary and in kind donations. Donations are critical to our success in providing care to the animals at the shelter. No matter how small the donation is, it helps.
- Volunteer at the shelter. The quality of life for animals at the shelter increases greatly when people are available to walk the dogs and play with the cats.
- Provide care for cats at the West Nashville PetSmart
- Help with adopt-a-thons. Volunteers are needed to transport and provide care for animals during adopt-a-thon events.
- Become a foster family. Foster families agree to take animals into their home and provide them with care while forever homes are secured.
Board of Directors
Carrie Parker Peery - President
Amanda Russell - Vice President
Malissa Parker - Treasurer
Lisa Perkins - Secretary
Jeff Bledsoe, Beth Thornton, Bobby Deal, Rachel Bradley, Tabitha Jennette, Chris Bushe, Susan Shepard, Yvette Baggett, Lynne Glaus, Stephen Wallick, Bill Morgan, Julie Guthrie, Kelli Martin
Advisory Board: Dr. Jeremiah Wojnarowski
Vivienne Akhdary, General Manager
Lisa Rice, Shelter Supervisor